Meet your coach, Nancy Allen
Nancy is a dynamic and visionary leader, international speaker, coach, consultant and all around confidence booster. Her personal mission is to coach & mentor women in developing their small business thru connections, creativity, & courage.
She is a consummate expert on women’s business issues with more than 30 years of experience. Nancy has an excellent track record of assisting hundreds of women to develop, grow and scale their businesses. Her secret sauce is seeing the connections where they aren’t readily apparent.
Relationship building and creating connections are a part of Nancy’s fabric. Because of her professional relationships with the right people and, her ability to bring out the best in people, she makes it possible for women owned businesses to shine – the result is that more women gain access to supplier diversity programs and in turn gain financial freedom.
With style and grace, Nancy has dedicated her entire professional career to connecting and championing women in business.
Nancy has been recognized for her work on behalf of women in business through numerous prestigious awards:
- The International Career and Business Alliance (ICABA) honored Nancy as one of South Florida’s 100 most accomplished Caribbean Americans. She is especially proud of this award because it highlights her heritage as well as her professional accomplishments.
- She is the recipient of the World Women Leadership Achievement Award from the World Women Leadership Congress.
- Nancy is also the proud recipient of the Association Marketing Award from Women in Ecommerce.
- She was named Honorary Ambassador of Cascais, Portugal by the Ambassador’s Club of the Industry Sector of Cascais and the Estoril Coast.
5 things about Nancy
- I meditate daily and I believe in the power of the breath.
- I’m a voracious reader and a TED Talk junkie! Check out my weekly blog called Nancy’s Notes and Anecdotes to see what I’ve been reading lately.
- I have counted on my husband and son to provide the male perspective to balance out the fact that I am surrounded by women day in and day out. And my puppy (13 years young) reminds me daily that if you want some love and attention you have to ask for it.
- I design and make jewelry that is eclectic and energy-based. I’m an accessories fanatic. Do you know Iris Apfel? She’s my idol and my muse. I started making jewelry because I needed to find the right statement necklace. I like bold pieces that look like they’ve been around forever. I really get a kick when someone says that’s a gorgeous necklace, where did you get it??
- Favorite quote: “Make allies and believers” by Joseph Allen. Yup, my husband. He texted that to me when my organization was the host of a national conference. I had sent him a text saying I had arrived safely and was on my way to the hotel. I was very nervous because I wanted everything to go well and especially because I was the person on stage welcoming 3,000+ people to the event. He wrote back “Good luck. Make allies and believers.” Those 4 words took the edge off because I know how to do that. I know how to make allies and believers because I am passionate about what I do and how we do it. My mission is to remind everyone that they can make allies and believers too. And that is the key to successful business creation, business growth and especially business sales because people do business with people they know, they like and they trust.